Use your favorite plain t shirt from District® Clothing to create DIY masterpieces by trying these fun and easy ideas!
Dip Dye Ombre
We love our t shirts at District® Clothing, sometimes it’s good to shake up your style with color. You can create your own ombre tee by using tie dye spray, such as dark blue and light blue.
- Spray the darker color on the bottom of the shirt, on both the front and back
- As you move up the shirt, move the spray farther away to create a gradual fade
- Once the dark blue becomes lighter, start with the light blue and repeat
- Allow the shirt to dry completely
- To set, put the shirt in your dryer for 20 minutes and hand wash in cold water
Freezer Paper Stencil
This a fun and easy way to reinvent your own tee, whether you want to print text or draw your design! You’ll need freezer paper, a piece of cardboard, fabric paint, a sponge brush, and scissors.
- Trace your design on the non-waxy side of the freezer paper
- Cut the freezer paper around the traced design
- Place a piece of cardboard on the inside of the shirt and the piece of freezer paper (with the design taken out) where you want the design to appear, with the waxy side down
- Iron the freezer paper onto the plain t shirt
- Paint the design onto the shirt using the stencil
- Let the shirt dry as long as possible—overnight is best
- Once dry completely, carefully remove the stencil
Bleach Lace Design
Bleach is usually a no-no when it comes to a colorful plain t shirt. However, when you’re talking DIY, bleach can be your best friend! An easy way to create cool designs without any need for paint or irons. To create an all-over lace design on your tee, pick a colored shirt, such as District’s® Juniors Vintage Wash V-Neck in New Red pictured above, a spray bottle of bleach, a large piece of lace material, and a piece of cardboard.
- Place a piece of cardboard inside your shirt
- Lay shirt on an old towel, tarp, or any surface you don’t mind getting bleach on
- Lay the piece of lace over the shirt, covering all the areas you want the design to appear
- Continuously spray bleach to the entire desired area
- Let dry; flip over and repeat on the back if desired
- Wash shirt before wearing