So many of our favorite famous ladies not only brought their talent and beauty to the world, but also gave us some of the most memorable fashion looks in history. But what does a t shirt manufacturer know about such high fashion? Believe it or not, you can easily recreate these iconic outfits using just the basics from District® Clothing!
It’s been over 50 years since “The Seven Year Itch” came out, the film in which Marilyn Monroe stood over a subway grate, allowing its air current to billow her full-skirted, white dress. Iconic doesn’t even begin to describe that moment and look. Many have tried to duplicate it, but we’d thought we’d take a toned-down approach using our scallop-hemmed frock.
– District® Juniors Strappy Dress in White
– Strappy white heels
– Large white pearl earrings
– Star Extra: Bright red lips
When you think of Audrey Hepburn, odds are the image of her slinking down 5th Avenue in a long black dress, sunglasses, and copious amounts of pearls comes to mind. Recreating that much glamour with items from a t shirt manufacturer posed a bit of a challenge, but we opted for Audrey’s more casual, yet still chic iconic look, the all black pants, shirt, and flats combo from “Funny Face.”
– District® The Concert Fleece™ Crew in Black
– Cropped black skinny pants
– Black flats
– Star Extra: Add a tiny tiara to your bun or updo!
Let’s fast forward a few years to the late 90s, when pop really became the music monster no one could stop. Then 17-year-old Britney Spears burst onto the scene with her hit single “…Baby One More Time” which was accompanied by a music video set in a high school. Britney wore a few different outfits in that video, but it was her twist on the preppy school-girl look that would become the most memorable. Luckily, we manufacture more than t shirts to create this iconic look!
– District Made™ Slub Polo in White
– District Made™ Cardigan Sweater in Warm Grey
– Black circle skirt
– Star Extra: Opt for a simple, mature side braid in place of Brit’s pink fluffy pigtails!
It’s crazy to think that Beyoncé has been a solo act for over 10 years now. Her solo debut “Crazy in Love” included a now legendary music video full of Queen B’s famous dance moves. But it was also her fashion choices that made the video memorable. Instead of being overly costumed, Beyoncé donned relatively low key outfits, including one that we think was inspired by the late, great Whitney Houston.
– District® 1X1 Rib Tank in Bright White
– Jean shorts
– Red heels or flats
– Star Extra: In another scene of the video, Bey dons a maroon baseball cap like the Rip and Distressed Cap from your favorite t shirt manufacturer.