District® Clothing offer a wide variety of fashion basics for just about any occasion, and most of our clothing items come in sizes XS–4X. In a world where finding the perfect size is easier said than done, everyone is sure to find his or her size among our classic tees, tanks, hoodies, and more. Wondering which basics work best with different shapes and how to wear them? Check out our quick body shape guide below to see how to wear some of our items– from long tank tops to v-neck tees and beyond!
When hearing the term athletic build, sometimes an image of an ultra-bulked body builder comes to mind. The kind of body type we’re talking about here is one where the shoulders, waist, and hips line up creating, what can be called, a boyish figure. People with this body type may want to try creating the illusion of curves with their clothing.
Here are a few ways to accomplish this:
- Wear scoop neck t shirts and tank tops like District’s® Ladies Tri-Blend Scoop Tee or Textured Scoop Tee
- Instead of cropped jackets and shirts, opt for longer options with belted or tied waists. This tip complements dresses as well (like our cinched Juniors Strappy Dress)!
- Experiment with colorful skirts, pants, and shorts like our Red or Royal Juniors Boardshorts!
Curvy is a rather broad term and includes more specific body types like pear, apple, and hourglass. No matter what body type, never be afraid to flaunt those curves! Here are some ways to show off those fabulous curves with different clothing choices:
- Layer semi-fitted, long tank tops or tees, such as our 60/40 Racerback Tank, under cropped jackets or cardigans that hit above the waist
- Pair a lightweight top, like District’s® Microburn™ fabric, with a high waisted skirt
- Stick to fitted v-neck t shirts, like our Tri-Blend or Vintage Wash V-Neck Tee
Tall girls, unite! Just like with any other body type, height is nothing to be ashamed of. Some of Hollywood’s most famous leading ladies tower over their male costars and totally rock it. So consider these basic fashion tips and remember… They all look great with heels!
- If wearing oversized or baggy items, pair them with something a little more fitted. For example, our Textured Wide Neck Long Sleeve Raglan pairs great with leggings or skinny jeans
- Long tank tops and tees work great for ladies with long torsos. For ladies with long legs, be proud and show them off with a fabulous pair of skinny jeans and heels!
- Keep it simple when it comes to accessories. Choose just one item, or select more subdued accessories.